Our home is our sanctuary, the place where we commune, not just with family and friends, but with God. By using design to restore mobility and independence in the home, we can help change the way the aging and those living with physical disabilities view themselves or their condition. Our programs and services enable participants to focus on their abilities. We empower them to push beyond what they thought possible by creating an environment that energizes the mind, body and spirit while creating opportunities for the community to come together in an atmosphere of awareness and acceptance.
Provides home modification and remodel services that remove barriers to accessibility throughout the home for people living with physical disabilities. This program ensures a healthy and safe home while creating an environment that encourages, empowers, energizes and engages.
In order to be considered for this program, applicant must:
- Live in Collin or Dallas counties
- Have a documented disability
- Own (or parent(s) own) and occupy home as primary residence
- Meet household income requirement
- Be current on property taxes or have an agreement with the county for
- Have no liens on the property
- Not be involved in legal disputes regarding property or custody of child with
- Commit to project Sweat Equity service hours or have a representative commit
Aging in Place
Family Support Services